Comic Centre of Macedonia – Veles
OPEN COMPETITION for
10th Comic Showroom VELES 2012
– The competition is open to all comic artists from all over the world.
– Entries must be 1-6 pages long with minimum 5 panels per page in aspect/ratio of the entire comic.
– Entries must be sent in A4 format (21×29,7cm). Please send only quality print copies (300 dpi). The submitted prints will not be returned!
– No specific theme is set.
– The storytelling in the comic can be done in any official language.
– Each visual artist (penciler, inker, colorist or letterer) can take part with only one submission, while each scenarist can enter with more than one submission.
– The same comic entry can be submitted by more than one artist.
– Each participant must send: photography, short biography, personal address, telephone, e-mail and additional info of the year when the comic is made. Without this the submission will not be evidenced!
– All submitted comics will be presented properly and will take part in the official comic showroom in Veles; and will be considered for other possibilities of promotion as stated in the Comic Centre’s policy.
– With the act of submission the author/s is/are passing the rights of publishing in any form to the Comic Centre of Macedonia.
– The entries will be reviewed by three member jury.
– The jury will give the following awards:
1st award: “Golden Comic”, 200 EUdiploma and logo of the CCM;
2nd and 3rd award: Diploma;
Best scenario award: Diploma;
Award for the youngest author: Diploma;
Award up to 18 years: Diploma.
– The deadline for entries is September 25th, 2012.
– The comics can be sent via postal service or e-mail.
Postal address: Comic centre of Macedonia
“For the comic competition”
Vasil Gjorgov Street 78
1400 Veles, R Macedonia